- January 7 — Erin Gray
- March 26 — Alan Silvestri
- May 1 — John Diehl
- May 24 — Andrea Coppola
- June 3 — Robert Z'Dar
- June 10 — Ed Naha
- August 14 — Jim Wynorski
- October 5 — Laura Gemser
- October 23 — Wolf Muser
- October 27 — James L. Conway
- December 8 — Rick Baker
- December 18 — Leonard Maltin
- March 23 — At the 22nd Academy Awards, the following awards were presented:
- Dean Jagger wins the Best Supporting Actor Award for his role in 12 O'Clock High.
- Paul Vogel wins the Best Cinematography (Black and White) Award for Battleground.
- Willis O'Brien and his fellow members of the special effects crew at RKO win the Best Special Effects Award for Mighty Joe Young.
- Harry Gerstad wins the Best Editing Award for Champion.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.