- January 12 — Dean Schofield
- March 6 — Eddie Deezen
- April 3 — Danny De La Paz
- April 28 — Christopher Young
- June 5 — Tae-jeong Kim
- July 3 — Michele Soavi
- July 8 — Alan Stock
- July 19 — Terri Treas
- July 24 — Dirce Funari
- August 19 — Darby Hinton
- September 13 — Anna Cachia
- October 10 — Tammy Curtis
- October 26 — Al Gomez
- April 23 — Ernest Miller
- May 16 — John Brown
- June 21 — Donald MacBride
- November 30 — Fred F. Sears
- December 27 — Al Bridge
- February 14 — The Undead
- March 10 — Untamed Youth
- April 18 — The Beast of Hollow Mountain (Mexico)
- May 1 — The Deadly Mantis
- June 19 — I Was a Teenage Werewolf
- June 28 — The Unearthly
- June 28 — Beginning of the End
- October 4 — The Amazing Colossal Man
- October 11 — The Black Scorpion
- December — The Saga of the Viking Women and Their Voyage to the Waters of the Great Sea Serpent
- January 31 — Martin Landau and Barbara Bain get married.
- February — Sally Todd is featured in that month's issue of Playboy as Playmate.
- March 27 — At the 29th Academy Awards, the following awards were presented:
- Dorothy Malone wins the Best Supporting Actress Award for her role in Written on the Wind.
- Dino De Laurentiis wins the Best Foreign Language Film Award for La Strada.
- Jay Livingston and Ray Evans win the Best Song Award for "Que Sera, Sera", featured in The Man Who Knew Too Much.
- Lionel Lindon wins the Best Cinematography (Color) Award for Around the World in 80 Days.
- Gene Ruggiero and Paul Weatherwax win the Best Editing Award for Around the World in Eighty Days.
- John P. Fulton wins the Best Special Effects Award for The Ten Commandments.
- May — Dawn Richard is featured in that month's issue of Playboy as Playmate.
- October 6 — Doodles Weaver and Reita Green get married.
- November — Marlene Callahan is featured in that month's issue of Playboy as Playmate.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.