- Leslie Parkin
- January 13 — Arthur Space
- March 16 — Arthur Godfrey
- April 23 — Selena Royle
- April 27 — Murray De Atley
- May 8 — Fay Spain
- May 8 — Viktor Vitkovich
- May 20 — Harry Keatan
- May 26 — Charles Keane
- June 16 — Ofelia Montesco
- June 29 — John Bradford
- June 30 — Gene Kauer
- July 10 — Paul Blaisdell
- Warrior of the Lost World (Italy)
- February 4 — Overdrawn at the Memory Bank
- March 11 — Ator, the Fighting Eagle (U.S.)
- August 15 — Escape 2000 (Italy)
- September 2 — Escape 2000 (U.S.)
- December 13 — Pod People (France)
- January 19 — Marie Windsor receives a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 1549 Vine St.
- January 26 — Beverly Garland receives a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6801 Hollywood Blvd.
- February 12 — The Psychotronic Encyclopedia of Film is published.
- February 15 — Joel Hodgson makes his first appearance on Late Night with David Letterman.
- April 11 — At the 55th Academy Awards, John Williams wins the Best Original Score Award for E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Henry Mancini and Leslie Briscue win the Best Music, Original Song Score and Its Adaptation Award for Victor/Victoria, and Jack Nitzsche wins the Best Original Song Award for "Up Where We Belong" in An Officer and A Gentleman.
- May 19 — William Shatner receives a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6901 Hollywood Blvd.
- November 12 — Joel Hodgson makes his first appearance on Saturday Night Live.
- Mike Nelson graduates high school.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.