Ator, the Fighting Eagle is a 1982 sword-and-sorcery adventure film directed by Joe D'Amato (credited as David Hills). It is the first in a series of films to feature the character Ator, as played by Miles O'Keeffe.
Ator, a prophesied hero, is adopted by a peasant family as a baby. When he is older, his plan to marry his adoptive sister is thwarted when she is abducted by a villainous cult leader. Ator must rescue his love and defeat the cultists.
- Miles O'Keeffe as Ator
- Sabrina Siani as Roon
- Ritza Brown as Sunya
- Dakar as High Priest of the Spider Cult
- Nello Pazzafini as Bardak
- Edmund Purdom as Griba
- The trailer for Season 12 of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (released on November 12, 2018) revealed that Ator, the Fighting Eagle would be one of the films riffed.
- This film is also a RiffTrax presentation, released in 2017. It is available here.
- Miles O'Keeffe would return as Ator in The Blade Master (AKA Cave Dwellers, which would become Experiment #301) which was also directed by Joe D'Amato and released in America in 1984.
- O'Keeffe would reprise the role of Ator in 1987's Iron Warrior, a production which did not involve D'Amato.
- Joe D'Amato released Ator 4 (AKA Quest for the Mighty Sword) in 1990, in which O'Keeffe does not appear. It features Eric Allen Kramer as Son of Ator.