While the term exploitation has subsequently evolved to encompass films with lurid, uncut, and extreme content, it originally referred to films that 'exploited' audiences via deceptive and sensationalist advertising that was often matched to derivative low-budget B-movies with minimal production values.
The preeminent example of a teen exploitation film is the season one classic Untamed Youth, which features crime, tight clothes, love, lust, five musical numbers and any number of evil adult authority figures.
Criteria for 'Teen Exploitation' include such 'teen' themes as music, juvenile delinquency, love (and/or sex), and of course, bleach blonds in tight tight clothes.
All items (20)
- MST3K 507 - I Accuse My Parents
- MST3K 809 - I Was a Teenage Werewolf
- MST3K 812 - The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies
- MST3K 522 - Teen-Age Crime Wave
- MST3K 514 - Teen-Age Strangler
- MST3K 315 - Teenage Cave Man
- MST3K 404 - Teenagers from Outer Space