Emily appeared in the Halloween-themed 2nd Annual Puppet Camp Livestream, during which she displayed her collection of hand-crafted celebrity-lookalike pumpkins.
During Turkey Day '20, Emily confounded Mega-Synthia with stories of her family's holiday traditions. She also stated that she was staying with her parents in the state of Virginia. When Crow pointed out that Emily had previously claimed to be an orphan, she dismissed this apparent inconsistency by saying that "continuity is a spectrum".
Unlike other test cases, Emily was not initially seen aboard the Satellite of Love. She was transported there (then presumably back to Earth) during Turkey Day '20.
Emily had been depicted as clever and resourceful. She claimed to be working towards an online degree in quantum mechanics. Despite her apparent intelligence, she has been shown to be overly trusting, such as in her willingness to allow Tom Servo to practice dentistry on her.
Emily is generally good-natured and enthusiastic about the experiments in which she was involved, viewing them as a challenge rather than as torture.
Behind the Scenes
- Emily is a new character created for the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Live - The Great Cheesy Movie Circus Tour. She is played by Emily Marsh.
- Emily also appears in the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Live Riff-Along, along with the rest of the Cheesy Movie Circus Tour cast. She serves as the primary test case for the experiment. She also appeared in the bumper segments of the 2nd Annual Puppet Camp Livestream and during Turkey Day '20.
- Like Joel Robinson, Mike Nelson, and Jonah Heston, she shares the performer's first name. Her character's original last name "Crenshaw" would seem to be derived from the last name of the the main prop designer/builder for the Tour, as seen in Joel Hodgson's vlogs. Her new surname of "Connor" is a reference to the character Sarah Connor from the Terminator entertainment franchise.
- In her early appearances, Emily's outfit does not include a name badge.
- On April 22, 2021, Joel Hodgson announced that Emily is planned to appear as a host in some new episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 funded by the second Kickstarter campaign. Joel stated that Emily will be based in a location separate from the Satellite of Love and will be joined by different versions of Crow, Tom, and GPC.
- Emily's name change to "Connor" was announced in update #17 of the Let's Make More MST3K & Build THE GIZMOPLEX! fundraiser. It was also announced that her jumpsuit color would be changed from grey to purple, and a purple mission patch depicting her would be added to the set of shoulder patches depicting hosts Joel, Mike, and Jonah. It was not specified if a name badge would be added.