Escape 2000 is a 1983 action film directed by Enzo G. Castellari. It is a sequel to the 1982 film 1990: The Bronx Warriors.
PlotThe "General Construction Corporation" hires a group of militarized thugs to re-locate or murder everyone living in the Bronx so they can re-purpose the area with upscale apartment buildings. When renegade gang leader "Trash" (Mark Gregory, reprising his role from 1990: The Bronx Warriors) discovers these "Disinfestors" have killed his parents, he decides to seek revenge. Things get blown up, people get killed, and the main villain is named "Floyd Wangler."
- Henry Silva as Floyd Wrangler
- Giancarlo Prete as Strike
- Mark Gregory as Trash
- Valeria D'Obici as Moon Grey
- Paolo Malco as Vice President Hoffman
- Ennio Girolami as President Clark
- Antonio Sabato as Dablone / Toblerone
- Andrea Coppola as Jay the Photographer
- On the wall in the apartment of Trash's parents is a large black and white poster of Mark Gregory from 1990: The Bronx Warriors.
- Carla Brait cameos as the Ironman leader from the first movie 1990: The Bronx Warriors.
- Director Enzo G. Castellari cameos as the Radio operator with the mustache.
- The full death toll in the uncut version is 174. There are 110 killed in shootings, 40 in explosions, nine by flamethrowers, one by stabbing, one off-screen kill, four unknowns, six electrocutions, two bashed in the face with a helmet and one face turned to red mush after being hit with a shotgun butt.
- Giancarlo Prete (Strike) and Andrea Coppola (Jay) also appear in Warriors of the Wasteland, another similarly post-apocalyptic Italian movie that would later be featured on Rifftrax.
- Not to be confused with another film entitled Escape 2000, released in 1982, starring Steve Railsback and Olivia Hussey.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.