Gilligan's Island is an American television comedy that ran from September 26, 1964 to April 17, 1967. Created and produced by Sherwood Schwartz, the series featured Bob Denver, Alan Hale Jr., Jim Backus, Natalie Schafer, Tina Louise, Russell Johnson and Dawn Wells.
The show had a catchy theme song (with separate verses that played over the opening and closing credits) with several quotable lyrics. During the show's first season, Johnson and Wells were only referred to as "and the rest" during the opening theme song (while the other actors characters were identified by their titles) because of a clause in Tina Louise's contract. This was changed in the in second season, but the lyric "and the rest" inspired several riffs on MST3K and its corollary productions.
- The Corpse Vanishes - "...the weather started getting rough..."
- Sidehackers - "And all the rest..."
- Angels Revenge - "No, I will not call you 'Little Buddy'." Gilligan and Lovey Howell are also mentioned.
- The film features Alan Hale Jr. and Jim Backus, both of whom starred on Gilligan's Island.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie - "What's this 'And the rest' crap?"
- The Giant Spider Invasion - Alan Hale Jr. plays the Sheriff and alludes to everything from the island including calling nearly everyone "little buddy" and the Professor building things from coconuts.
- Time Chasers - Tom Servo tries to persuade Mike Nelson to go through a "Gilligan's Island" sketch.
- The Space Children - Many references due to the appearance of actor Russell Johnson, including "Get in touch with a man named Mr. Howell!"