Lon Chaney Jr. (1906-1973) was an American actor. He was the son of silent film star Lon Chaney. He is probably best-known for his portrayal of Larry Talbot - The Wolf Man - in a number of films for Universal.
Lon Chaney Jr. had a long career in films and television, appearing mostly in Westerns and monster movies. He passed away in 1973 (age 67). His cause of death is given in various places as heart failure, liver failure, and beriberi.
- The Undersea Kingdom (serial) Episodes 1 & 2 with Attack of the Giant Leeches and Indestructible Man (Experiments #406 & #409 respectively) - as Capt. Hakur
- Indestructible Man (Experiment #409) - as Butcher Benton
- Hillbillys in a Haunted House (RiffTrax) - as Maximillian (credited as Lon Chaney)
- Bride of the Gorilla (RiffTrax) - as Commissioner Taro
- Lon Chaney Jr. is the only performer (to date) to appear in both the short and the feature film used in the same episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- In addition to the Wolf Man, Lon Chaney Jr. also played Count Dracula, the Mummy and Frankenstein's Monster in films for Universal.
- Lon Chaney Jr. co-starred with Bela Lugosi (as Dracula) and Glenn Strange (as Frankenstein's Monster) in 1948's Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein.
- Additionally, Lon Chaney Jr. played the Mummified Werewolf in 1964's Face of the Screaming Werewolf (for Jerry Warren Productions Inc).