|“||My name is Mike Nelson. I'm the former host of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and the author of Mike Nelson's Movie Megacheese and that's why I've been asked to guide you through this cult classic. It's not, I promise you, because of my extensive knowledge of reefer.||”|
|— Michael J. Nelson|
- Main article: Reefer Madness (film)
Bill Harper finds himself pulled into the decadent world of marijuana use, bringing tragedy down upon his family and friends.
- "[Reefer Madness] was financed by a church group that was hoping to scare parents concerning the dangers of marijuana. Now, generations of people have mocked that as a goal. But, y'know, just to side with the church group for a minute, I ask you to consider the case of David Crosby."
- David Crosby is a singer and musician known for his many years struggling with drug and alcohol addiction.
- "There's Woody Harrelson checking his backyard crop."
- Woody Harrelson is an actor known for his marijuana use and advocacy.
- As confiscated marijuana is shown being burned - "Robert Downey, Jr. can't even watch this scene without breaking down in sobs."
- Robert Downey Jr. is an actor who had a highly publicized series of drug-related incidents.
- "An early Kramer prototype!"
Behind the scenes
Reefer Madness is the first of a series of original commentaries that Michael J. Nelson produced for Legend Films. The success of the series would lead to the creation of RiffTrax, which would later re-release these commentaries. Like the other films originally produced by Mike alone, Reefer Madness would later be re-riffed by RiffTrax in both a Three Riffer Edition and as a RiffTrax Live presentation featuring Nelson, Bill Corbett and Kevin Murphy.
- Both restored Black & White and Colorized versions
- Color Design Commentary by Legend Films
- Grandpa's Marijuana Handbook, a short film by Evan Keliher
- Reefer Madness trailer