|“||(Gamera's beady eyes watch Kenny as he flees from the rocky sea cliff)
"Those kids at school — they tease you, Kenny. Because they've] never tasted hell. Today, we turn the tables!"
|— Crow (as Gamera)|
- Main article: Gamera (film)
The detonation of an atomic bomb awakens a giant flying turtle, which then goes off to devastate Japan.
Prologue: The gang goes through a spoken warm-up to prepare for the experiment.
Segment Three: Crow and Tom take out their rage on Kenny by using voodoo; Joel tries to get them to take a more positive outlook on Kenny. It doesn't work.
Segment Four: The Bots play beauty salon, and Gamera drops in for a visit.
Segment Five: Tom introduces the cast of "Gamera", a letter is read, and Joel gets a shock to the shammies.
Stinger: An Eskimo mutters a disturbed, "Bye..."
- "Mercy!! Rrrrooww!"
- A reference to the song Oh, Pretty Woman and how the Japanese man in shades looks a bit like singer, Roy Orbison.
- "The New York Times says God is dead, and the war's begun, and Alvin Tostig has a son today."
- A paraphrasing of the lyrics from the Elton John song "Levon".
- "Man, they've been in that plane for 48 hours!" "Luckily the in-flight film was Berlin Alexanderplatz."
- (Kenny's mother looking for him.) "Damien!? Damien!?"
- Alluding to equally bratty pipsqueak Damien Thorn of The Omen, who is in reality the 'Son of the Devil.'
- "Phenomena!...Bah dee dee dee!...Phenomena!"
- "You know, he didn't start the fire - It was always burning, since the world's been turning."
- "Live the good life in the off-world colonies!"
- A line from the film Blade Runner.
- "Kenny, join me! Together we will rule the Uni-... Oh." "Heh. Darth Turtle?"
- A loose paraphrasing of a line from The Empire Strikes Back.
- A reference to a long-running ad in the show business newspaper "Variety" about the unreleased film Chief Zabu.
Behind the scenes
- Joel Hodgson - Joel Robinson
- Trace Beaulieu - Crow T. Robot / Dr. Clayton Forrester
- Kevin Murphy - Tom Servo
- Frank Conniff - TV's Frank
- Jim Mallon - Gypsy
- Music and lyrics for "Tibby, Oh Tibby" by Michael J. Nelson.
- While Joel and the Bots are bickering in the theater, Joel gets fed up and rips off Crow's left arm and it flings away (twice!).
- The magazine that Tom Servo is holding during the Beauty Shop skit is the April 1991 issue of Cosmopolitan.
- Ranked 14th in the Top 100 Episodes as chosen by backers of the Bring Back MST3K Kickstarter.
- Commercially released on DVD by Shout! Factory in August 2011 as part of MST3K vs. Gamera: Volume XXI, a 5-disc set along with Gamera vs Barugon, Gamera vs Gaos, Gamera vs Guiron, and Gamera vs Zigra. The set went out of print in 2015.
- Extras include: So Happy Together: A Look Back at MST3K and Gamera, MST Hour wraps, and a theatrical trailer.
|preceded by: Season 2||MST3K Season 3||followed by: Season 4|
|1991 - 1992|
|301||Cave Dwellers||1991-06-01||309||The Amazing Colossal Man||1991-08-03||317||The Saga of the Viking Women...||1991-10-26|
|302||Gamera||1991-06-08||310||Fugitive Alien||1991-08-17||318||Star Force: Fugitive Alien II||1991-11-16|
|303||Pod People||1991-06-08||311||It Conquered the World||1991-08-24||319||War of the Colossal Beast||1991-11-30|
|304||Gamera vs Barugon||1991-06-22||312||Gamera vs Guiron||1991-09-07||320||The Unearthly||1991-12-14|
|305||Stranded in Space||1991-06-29||313||Earth vs the Spider||1991-09-14||321||Santa Claus Conquers/Martians||1991-12-21|
|306||Time of the Apes||1991-07-13||314||Mighty Jack||1991-09-21||322||Master Ninja I||1992-01-11|
|307||Daddy-O (episode)||1991-07-20||315||Teenage Cave Man||1991-11-09||323||The Castle of Fu Manchu||1992-01-18|
|308||Gamera vs Gaos||1991-07-27||316||Gamera vs Zigra||1991-10-19||324||Master Ninja II||1992-01-25|