|“||(As the film ends, a crane shot shows dozens of bodies sprawled around burning ruins)
Cleanup in Borough Five!
- Main article: Escape 2000 (film)
In a dystopian future, residents of the Bronx take up arms against a sinister corporation that seeks to displace them.
Prologue: Crow holds his annual auction to help the Really Good Cause, which he is not sure of. His first item? A penny. His second item is a nickel and his third item is a dollar.
Segment One: Crow accidentally lights the SOL on fire while trying to burn an ant with a magnifying glass near a pile of oily rags. Luckily, Gypsy takes care of everything. Meanwhile, Dr. F is forced to put his mother Pearl into a home. As in, locked in a little playhouse in the main room of Deep 13.
Segment Two: Mike sets up Crow with his biofeedback machine, giving Crow a nice warm feeling. As Crow continues to relax, several small fires start across the ship. Gypsy tells Cambot to activate the sprinkler system but he goes through the hallway.
Segment Three: Mike plays the big boss, nearly choking Servo with cigar smoke. Crow doesn't understand all of the slang terms for getting Mike another beer.
Segment Four: Servo recovers from his smoking jag as the Mads call. Dr. Forrester has determined the ratings are too low, and so he introduces Timmy Bobby Rusty, who disturbs the crew. Alas, the ratings remain low, so Timmy Bobby Rusty is promptly dropped.
Segment Five: Tom lowers himself from a helicopter as Mike reads a letter. In Deep 13, Toblerone's laughter disturbs Dr. F. He comes over to yell at Clayton after the mad scientist complains and rescues Pearl from her home.
Stinger: Toblerone spits and laughs.
- Michael J. Nelson - Mike Nelson
- Trace Beaulieu - Crow T. Robot / Dr. Clayton Forrester
- Kevin Murphy - Tom Servo
- Mary Jo Pehl - Pearl Forrester
- Jim Mallon - Gypsy
- Timmy Bobby Rusty is notably a spoof of "The Cousin Oliver Syndrome", which by definition means when a TV show's ratings are low, then they introduce a younger character in an attempt to boost ratings (this noticeably was coined from the character Cousin Oliver from the last season of "The Brady Bunch").
- This also forecasts what is to come in the Season finale Laserblast (notably with the events of the episode being the result of the "ratings").
- This episode was ranked #88 among backers of the Bring Back MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 campaign in the Top 100 Poll. It is the lowest-rated episode of Season 7 to still rank in the Top 100 (as The Brute Man did not make the list).
- "I gotta get to the Zombie Nightmare set."
- "I'm Cherokee Jack." (Red Zone Cuba)
- "No, Lupita!" (Santa Claus)
- The background music in the opening host segment is the closing theme from The Mystery Science Theater Hour.
- "They dress like Randle P. McMurphy to leave the Bronx!"
- "Watch out! Her other jaw is going to shoot out!"
- "Those squibs were meant for me!"
A squib is a type of explosive charge used to simulate gunshots in movies.
- "What are the Mercury Seven doing here?"
- "They're NOT getting the Tom of Finland posters!"
Tom of Finland was an artist known for the overt homoeroticism of his work.
- "Put that on still store."
A callback to the segment in the show in which they read letters from viewers. It had been retired by this point in the show.
- "But I'm with Parade!"
Parade is a magazine included in many Sunday newspapers. It does not have a reputation for hard-hitting journalism.
- "Wilford Brimley IS 007."
The elderly man in a suit bears a resemblance to heavyset actor Wilford Brimley who was known for his thick moustache and folksy demeanor. Throughout his career, Brimley was the spokesman for Quaker Oats, Liberty Mutual insurance, and diabetes monitoring equipment.
- "Sir, would you at least take a Watchtower—"
The Watchtower is a magazine published by the Jehovah's Witnesses.
- "Lorenzo Lamas is Gino Vannelli."
Lorenzo Lamas is the main actor in the popular 90's TV series Renegade. Like Trash, he rode a motorcycle, wore black leather and jeans, scowled a lot, and shot some bad guys along the way. Gino Vannelli is a Canadian pop music singer recognizable for his curly hair and swarthy complexion. Trash resembles Vannelli somewhat.
- "Realistic makes one of these that says 'Explode' and 'Don't Explode'."
- "Daaah, I gotta call Schneider!"
- "They tossed him onto the streets of Rio Bravo!"
Rio Bravo is a 1959 Western movie starring John Wayne.
- "She's got a Bobbi Flekman voice!"
- "Steve Dallas, terrorist."
- "The Very Large Corporation of America."
The Very Big Corporation of America is a corporation featured in The Crimson Permanent Assurance, a short film that plays before and in the middle of the feature-length film Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life.
- "Sonia Braga looks on."
- "Hey! Rockwell wants his suit back!"
- "They re-showed the Theismann injury..."
Joe Theismann was the quarterback for the American football team the Washington Redskins until he suffered a graphic career-ending compound fracture in his lower right leg during a 1985 game. ABC's decision to screen the instant replay several times despite its palpably graphic content shocked millions of viewers, and remains one of the most controversial in-game production decisions in NFL history.
- "She's so pop-u-lar!"
- "How can you have any meat if you don't eat your pudding!"
- "Comin' in low out of the rising sun. Scares the hell out of the executives!"
A parody of a line from Apocalypse Now: "We'll come in low out of the rising sun, and about a mile out, we'll put on the music." "Music?" "Yeah, I use Wagner. Scares the hell out of the slopes. My boys love it!"
- "Uh, guys, I sweated all over the GORP!"
GORP is another name for trail mix. It is alternately given as an anagram for Good Old Raisins & Peanuts, or Granola, Oats, Raisins, & Peanuts, or Grapes, Oranges, Raisins & Peanuts, or Gobs Of Raw Protein.
A reference to 1990s Sega video game commercials, which ended with a frenzied scream of "SEGA!!!"
- "Shoot 'em all. We'll make more!"
A parody of the slogan ("Crunch all you want. We'll make more.") from a series of Doritos commercials featuring Jay Leno.
- "Motion in the ocean/His air hose broke! Lots of bubbles/Lots of trouble!"
- "Go ahead and hate your neighbor/Go ahead and cheat a friend..."
- "Someday, love will find you..."
- Moon Gray: This isn't a press conference—it's a farce! An unadulterated, dirty, filthy farce! Do you hear me? And the GC Corporation sucks!
- Mike (as another reporter): Is that true? Do you suck?
- Commercially released on DVD by Shout! Factory in November 2016 as part of Volume XXXVII, a 4-disc set along with The Human Duplicators, The Horror of Party Beach, and Invasion of the Neptune Men.
|preceded by: Season 6||MST3K Season 7||followed by: Season 8|
|701||Night of the Blood Beast (Turkey Day)||1996-02-03||703||Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell||1996-02-17||705||Escape 2000||1996-03-02|
|702||The Brute Man||1996-02-10||704||The Incredible Melting Man||1996-02-24||706||Laserblast||1996-05-18|