The Crawling Hand is a 1963 science-fiction film directed by Herbert L. Strock and written by Strock and Bill Idelson.
The hand of an exploded astronaut is discovered near the crash site by a naive young med student who takes it home as a grisly souvenir. The hand has been possessed by a strange, murderous alien who gradually begins to mentally control the hapless med student. A series of unexplained stranglings occurs in the area, and the avuncular Sheriff is baffled. The hand is eventually eaten by a cat.
- Peter Breck as Steve Curan
- Rod Lauren as Paul Lawrence
- Allison Hayes as Donna
- Alan Hale, Jr. as Sheriff Townsend
- Tristram Coffin as Security Chief Meidel
- Kent Taylor as Dr. Max Weitzberg
- Richard Arlen as Lee Barrenger
- The song featured on the movie's soundtrack is "The Bird's the Word" by The Rivingtons, who did the similar "Papa Oom Mow Mow". Both songs were later combined by The Trashmen to create "Surfin' Bird".
- Producer Joseph F. Robertson provided his own hand as the titular character.
- Director Herbert L. Strock also directed other teen-centric monster movies, including I Was a Teenage Frankenstein and How to Make a Monster.