The Tingler is a 1959 American horror film directed by William Castle.
A scientist uses mind-altering drugs in an attempt to better understand the human emotion of fear. In doing so, he unwittingly releases a monster into the world.
- Vincent Price - Dr. Warren Chapin
- Judith Evelyn - Martha
- Darryl Hickman - David
- Patricia Cutts - Isabel Chapin
- Pamela Lincoln - Lucy Stevens
- Philip Coolidge - Ollie
- The Tingler is one of the films used in the live show The Mads Are Back, starring Trace Beaulieu and Frank Conniff.
- During its initial release in theaters, The Tingler featured an interactive element called "Percepto", which would cause some film goers' seats to vibrate at a specific point in movie. Percepto was poorly-received, as was later noted in The Golden Turkey Awards. In his autobiography, director William Castle claimed that Percepto delivered an electric shock to film goers, but he seemed to be remembering incorrectly.
- Castle had previously directed Vincent Price in House on Haunted Hill.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.